My Amazon Picks

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Hellooooooooo out there!

I know I haven't been around in forEVER, but things have been a little busy 'round these parts! I have been working my behind off trying to establish my Personal Training *career* and organize my schedule so that clients/classes and my at-home stuff is well balanced. I have several private clients who are just amazing and are really committed to doing what it takes. I have one class that is going to turn into a private group come November and let me tell you, these gals are kicking ass and taking names. They are starting to see the beginnings of their efforts, but definitely feel the effort! I also have 2 new classes on the table and hope to get another more local class going as well. I did not ever think I would enjoy group training over private training...I love them both but the energy of a class and then everyone feeding off each other's energy is simply awesome. :)

So I would say things are going pretty well! I just added a credit app to my phone so people can pay me via credit card which is a HUGE bonus. My *manager* Jen has been helping me keep things on track and guiding me in the ways of business and I feel like things are really starting to fall into place. I will have my winter schedule hammered out over the next few weeks. Pretty darn exciting to feel like I am FINALLY on my Path and doing what I am *meant* to do. I have wanted to be working with REAL women, empowering them on their paths towards wellness, fitness, and being comfortable in their own skin.

My own training has been going REALLY well. I have been off antibiotics for my Lyme since first week in June and went through what *would* have been the worst time of the year for me and I made it through completely symptom free! I stopped the other immune drug I was taking mid-September and still doing fine. I am OVER the moon about this! I would be thrilled if this is an actual remission!!! I am having some labs done this week for something that may be going on, BUT we are already tackling it *in case* and it seems to be under control...just a hiccup, that's all. I have been very careful to listen to my body and take rest days when I need them as to not over tax my body. I have been running more than ever and doing my own strength training along with the training I do with clients and I have to say I am probably in the best shape of my adult life. My nutrition is going pretty well, though I am still battling the gut issues to some degree so trying to figure out what I can and cannot eat, and then eat enough and get enough nutrition....that may be an ongoing battle for me but if that is the ONLY battle? I'll take it.

All of this makes me happy as I am 2 weeks out from my redemption attempt at Ghost Train 100! Last year somewhere between 45-60 my body revolted (though it had been coming on for some time) and I had to drop at 60. There was no physical way I could have finished and I know that. It had been a tough year personally leading up to that race and that along with some health stuff, was a recipe for disaster. Just goes to show, that it doesn't matter how well you *think* you are prepared for an ultra....race day anything can happen.

The last 2 years have been extremely difficult personally, and I feel as if I am FINALLY coming down from the mountain. Physically I am SO much better than last year, and emotionally I am almost a different person. So...this race is pretty symbolic as last year it was the beginning of the end, so to speak, and this year I have come full circle. I am fairly certain I will be able to finish, barring any unforeseen circumstances, and I have my husband and bff/sister Michelle to pace me along with my amazing crew, aka my eldest boy child. I have been training smart, and all my ducks are in a row so....now I simply have to continue to stay healthy, and keep going in the right direction.

And the countdown begins...

1 comment:

  1. Hey Julie
    Congrats on your new PT career and business and good luck at Ghost Train this year.
    Dan

    ReplyDelete

Anyone can comment, only signed anonymous comments will be posted. Thanks!